Monaco mercerized thread (at least 3 colors: 1 solid color for the main coaster body, and 2 more colors for embellishment)
3.5mm crochet hook
Diameter of finished item is 4 inches.
Use 2 strands (double pull) of mercerized thread, crochet the following:
- 14DC around magic ring. SS last DC to 1st DC
- [2DC in each stitch] x14. SS last DC to 1st DC
- [1DC on 1st stitch, 2DC on next stitch) x14. SS last DC to 1st DC
- [1DC on 1st stitch, 2DC on next stitch, 1DC next] x14. SS last DC to 1st DC
- Crab stitch or reverse SC on each stitch as edging. SS
If you want a bigger coaster, simply increase 14 stitches on each additional row until your desired measurement.
To embellish the front part of the glass coaster, slip stitches on the surface:
- Use 1 strand of different color of mercerized thread, SS through the holes in between the rows. Or they call this style as “SURFACE CROCHET.”
2. Tie the end of the yarns at the back when you’re done slip stitching all the holes.